The whole film took me altogether about 5 grueling months (usually 10-12hours a day) to do. I often felt my butt was going to grow into the chair I usually sat at.
Please note that this was simply my way of doing my film to achieve the soft-shaded style I wanted; there are many other ways of doing this and some are a lot faster with different results~! :)
- My film on DeviantArt | My film on Vimeo
- My film gifs on Tumblr
- You can see my storyboard animatic here (although the original had music, but like I mentioned, my placeholder music was by Joe Hisaishi, you know, Miyazaki’s composer, so it’s not really legal to upload it).
This tut differs a bit from my dA version, because tumblr lets me put the combination of gifs and jpegs :D.
Here’s a book that will really help you start animating:
here’s some books that are good for composition, storytelling and colours:
- Dream Worlds: Production Design for Animation
- The Art of Pixar: The Complete Color Scripts and Select Art from 25 Years of Animation
- Prepare to Board! Creating Story and Characters for Animated Features and Shorts
I hope these helped
I ask that no one removes the credit or source for this tutorial/guide please. thanks :)
And this is a keeper! No doubt about that! :)
I’m just gonna put this one on standby
for when I start my senior film!
BUT WHY IS IT 99 DOLLARS THOUGH?
General Mumble - Songs About The Pink One (and others) CD RELEASE
Limited edition hella-rad 6-panel digipak CD edition of Songs About The Pink One (and others) now available for purchase. Ships worldwide (but please read the in-store description regarding dates!).
Support is greatly appreciated, be it a purchase, reblog, or both!
Thanks to all those who purchased and sold out Hemikrania on CD aswell, it really gave me the confidence to keep investing in products like this!
Also, suggestions on where to sign these? I didn’t really consider that at all when designing, hah.
WHEN YOU SHIP SOMETHING SO MUCH YOU JUST
MY DAD JUST FUCKIJNG SENT THIS TO ME AND I;M LAUGHING SO FUCKING HARD
this movie was way too heavy for its intended age group
it’s actually really perfect for all ages because when kids learn this stuff early in life it stays with them
This movie is a masterpiece and everyone has to behold it at least once.